Travel Account Managerby avis - May 16th, 2012. Filed under: Industry Vacancies, Member Updates, Updates.
Travel Account Manager – Avis Budget Group
Applications are invited for a recently vacated role of Travel Account Manager. This role will be responsible for managing a large portion of our Inbound Wholesale travel and our Tourism partnerships. Reporting to the Travel Sales Manager New Zealand, this position will provide the specific focus and attention required to maximise the sales and marketing opportunities arising from our relationship with our highly valued business partners. This intermediate sales role ideally suits someone with experience in dealing with Inbound operators in New Zealand.
Responsibilities of this role are varied and include:
- Identification and development of new sales opportunity areas within Inbound and Tourism arena.
- Increase profile of Avis and Budget brands with Tourism partners.
- Key account manage select partners in conjunction with Travel Sales Manager.
- Implement training initiatives for various wholesale partners.
- Other duties such as attending trade shows and managing varied day to day issues will also be required.
Essential skills and competencies include:
- Demonstrated previous sales experience with a proven track record of achievement in a sales environment.
- Experience with Inbound Wholesale operators.
- Excellent communication and sales presentation skills.
- Ability to competently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management within customer organisations.
- Strong computer literacy skills including Word; Excel and PowerPoint.
- A pro-active and self-initiative approach.
- A lateral approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities.
- Tertiary qualification an advantage.
Please forward your CV and cover letter no later than 4 May 2012 to:
Guy Robinson – Travel Sales Manager
Detailed Job Description available on request